GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
I LOVED THIS SHOW OH MY GOD THANK YOU <33
This show is actually in my top 5. It was a sad day when it got cancelled.
I’ll check it out.
This seems like something I will adore.
|—||the saddest thing you can ever hear (via thewonderdick)|
Top 20 Doctor Who characters (as voted by my followers)
#16 Vincent Van Gogh
all week for friday,
all year for summer,
all life for happiness.
DONT GO THRU OLD CONVERSATIONS WITH SOMEONE WHO U USED TO BE CLOSE WITH
Average size mannequin with average size woman.
The problem, in one picture.
I never realized until seeing this picture that my interpretation of an average size woman has become REALLY SKEWED oh my god I wanna cry
The very sad, heart breaking thing about this gif is that when the shot fires every god damn person in that car ducks down to protect themselves. Except Jackie. Her immediate reaction is to protect the most important thing to her. The love of her life. She doesn’t give a damn about ducking to protect herself. That is love, right there in front of your eyes. Self sacrifice.
this is terrifying
shoutout to all the other ex-gifted & talented/honor student/straight a/senior editor/star student/99th percentile/once-creative burn-outs who have, since high school, realized they are truly miniscule fish in a giant, endless ocean, criticized themselves to the point of creative paralysis, and participated in so much self-sabotage they no longer see the point of doing anything at all because they’re just going to ruin it for themselves anyway
this one’s for you
Most importantly: you’re stronger than you think.